Emotional intelligence is the ability to be aware of your own feelings and those of others, manage your feelings and use your understanding of emotions to create better relationships with other people. As a result, people with high emotional intelligence enjoy better mental well-being and are easier to deal with compared to those who have low emotional intelligence.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify what emotional intelligence is and why it is important.
- Find ways to recognize and manage their emotions.
- Identify techniques to recognize and inspire emotions in others.
- Examine the application of emotional intelligence at work.
- Set up an action plan to foster their emotional intelligence
Topics That Will Be Covered Include:
What Emotional Intelligence Is and Why It Matters
- Emotional intelligence quiz for self-assessment
- Definition and benefits of emotional intelligence
- Introduction to Goleman’s most recent model of emotional intelligence and its four elements (self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, and relationship management)
Learning to Recognize and Manage Your Emotions
- Describing feelings and the wheel of emotions
- Benefits of self-awareness and self-management
- Strategies to improve self-awareness and self-management
How to Recognize and Inspire Emotions in Others
- Recognizing emotions in others by analyzing body language, speech, and facial expressions
- Why social awareness is useful and ways to improve it
- Ideas to improve relationship management
The Role of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Benefits of emotional intelligence for employees and the organization
- How to improve emotional intelligence at an organizational level
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
Your Personal Emotional Intelligence Plan
- Guiding participants through the action plan steps
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 day
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes